Livingston County Hockey Association
2017-2018 Fall Youth Hockey
Our Livingston County Hockey Board of Directors would like to welcome our members for the 2017-2018 fall hockey seasons.
MEMBER REGISTRATION BEGINS – Thursday, June 1, 2017
MEMBER REGISTRATION ENDS – Thursday, June 29, 2017
Members – If you miss the Thursday, June 29th, 2017 deadline, a spot will not be held for you. You may go on a waiting list; however, we cannot guarantee a spot will be available. Please register early!
OPEN REGISTRATION BEGINS – Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
OPEN REGISTRATION ENDS – Thursday, July 28th, 2017
Please note: If your child is trying out for a travel team and you are unsure whether your child will make it, you may register for the house program to secure a position. If your child is successful in making a LCHA travel team, the monies will be transferred to the LCHA travel team. No refund is offered if your child skates for another association.
|Divisions||Age Classifications||2017-2018 Ice Fees September - March|
(Learn to Skate)
|(3 years old and up)||(4) $50 payments/payment schedule
(2 days per week for price of one)
(Learn to Play)
|(Little Bolts Graduates)||(4) $60 payments/payment schedule
(2 days per week for price of one)
|Mites||(Birth Year 2009-2010)||(3) $275 payments|
|Squirts||(Birth Year 2007-2008)||(3) $350 payments / (4) $275 payments|
|Peewees||(Birth Year 2005-2006)||(3) $400 payments / (4) $320 payments|
|Bantams||(Birth Year 2003-2004)||(3) $400 payments / (4) $320 payments|
|Midget B||(Birth Year 2001-2002)||(4) $360 payments|
|Midget BB||(Birth Year 1999-2000)||(4) $360 payments|
**Save an additional $50.00 by making full payment of player’s program cost on or before Monday, September 11, 2017.
The Annual registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE:
Fees include: Two skates per week for 26 weeks
Additional cost: Jersey/socks cost approximately $125 for home and away for Mite-Midget. Ref fees for home games
To register, please complete the following:
- 2017-2018 Fall Youth House Hockey Registration form
- A copy of the player’s birth certificate – (US Government issued)
***LCHA does not keep your child’s birth certificate on file
- 2017-2018 Player’s USA online registration confirmation page with barcode
- Check made payable to LCHA for registration fee
- June 1st – 29th Mite – Midget $150 non-refundable registration fee
- June 30th – July 5th Mite – Midget $175 non-refundable registration fee
- July 6th Mite-Midget $200 non-refundable registration fee
- Lightning Bolts (Learn to skate / Lightning (Learn to Play) $50 annual registration fee
You may either mail your registration through US mail or place it in the Grand Oaks Ice Arena “Office
Administrator – Registration Mailbox”. Returning members need to submit their registration before member
registration ends on Thursday June 29, 2017.
- 1st payment September 11th
- 2nd payment October 2nd
- 3rd payment November 6th
- 4th payment December 4th
Ice payments are due according to the payment schedule above. Payments received after the due date shall be charged a 10% late fee.
MANDATORY RATE SKATES
Players must attend the respective rate skate to be placed on a team.
Mites Monday, August 14, 2017 6:00 pm – 6:50 pm
Squirts Monday, August 14, 2017 7:00 pm – 7:50 pm
Peewees Monday, August 14, 2017 8:00 pm – 8:50pm
Bantams Monday, August 14, 2017 9:00 pm – 9:50 pm
**If your child cannot make the mandatory rate skate, you need to call Mark Biggings, Executive Director at (517) 548-4355 Ext. 10 or email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
LIGHTNING BOLTS PROGRAM (Learn to Skate) (IP)
We will have Trent Daavettila running our program this season along with figure skaters on Saturday morning. The main focus is to develop the kids, and to simply have FUN while developing the skill set of our skaters. Little Bolts will focus on skating skills, with professional instruction from Trent Daavettila and LCHA coaches.
Lightning (Learn to Play) Program:
This program will also be run by Trent Daavettila and is for our graduating class from Lightning Bolts (Learn to skate). This program is designed to introduce the game of hockey; stick handling, hockey drills, etc. will be the focus of this class. Your children will learn the basics of the game, and have fun!
LCHA has used this format with great success. The players have developed at an accelerated rate compared to fullice Mini Mite program, used in past years.
Bottom line is, if you can skate, you can play. Skaters with strong skill sets will play hockey for the rest of their lives. Hockey is a great sport, and with the right start it is a game that people play for a very long time.
We strongly urge you to read the information from USA hockey; many years of research from knowledgeable hockey coaches in the nation have set up this program!
• The Mite program will participate in I275 league again this season.
• We are planning on having two Mite teams this season.
• The teams will play half ice games with league member teams.
SQUIRT, PEEWEE AND BANTAM MIDGET PROGRAM
• All these divisions will be placed in the Little Caesars League.
• All these divisions will be starting the first part of September to prepare for league play.
• Mite and Squirt divisions will have two hours of full ice per week for both practices and games.
• Peewee and Bantam division will skate twice a week with two (1.5 hr) skates per month
(Oct-Feb) for LC games. All other skates will remain (1hr) slots
• Midgets will skate (1.5 hr) twice a week
• All these divisions will have first priority on any available ice.
• All these divisions will be responsible for referee fees for their team